About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Structure

As a grandparent, I seem to notice more about things that my grandson does than I did about my own children. He is being brought up with more structure. There were rules in my house but I guess certain things I let slide. My grandson is being taught more structure, right from the beginning. I notice that in how he plays. There are more battery operated interactive toys now. He was taught from the beginning that when you play with one of those toys you turn the switch on to play with it and as soon as you are through playing, the switch gets turned off. He systematically did this with each toy. Switch on, play, switch off. When he was done playing, he put each toy back in its place. He did not need to be told to clean up. He just knew it was the right thing to do. I was very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment