About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Cold War

This week I have a cold. It is amazing how a tiny virus, that is invisible to the eye, can infiltrate my system and wreak havoc. I thought that I could fool it by taking over the counter medications. I used antihistamines, decongestants, cough suppressants and Tylenol. Nothing worked. The tiny virus made me go to the doctor. I try, at all costs, to avoid the doctor. Not because I do not like her, but I hate to wait in the office. Yesterday, the tiny virus won. It showed me who was boss. So, off to the doctor, I went. I had an endoscopy, sonogram, tympanogram, irrigation and pulmonary function test. The diagnosis was.....a cold. I could hear the cash register clinking as I added up the price of the visit. No wonder insurance premiums are so high. Next stop was the pharmacy. I got an antibiotic, steroid, nasal spray, cough pill and ear drops. I remember the days when the doctor came to your house, looked in your throat and gave you an injection in your behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment