About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yellow Pages

When I came home from work yesterday, I found two books sitting on my front porch. The Yellow Pages had made their yearly arrival. I go through the same routine each year. I go into my front hall closet, remove last years books, recycle them, and replace the empty spot with this years Yellow Pages. The two new books will remain hidden on the shelf until next year when I go through the same ritual. They will never be looked at, never touched, but I would feel bad if I just threw them away, the day they were delivered. I guess I  have a soft spot for the good times we had in past years. The yellow pages were an important part of our lives in the pre-internet days. Who can forget looking in them and trying to hit the correct alphabetized page on the first shot. I was always just a few pages away so I went back 4, forward 2 and finally came across the page I needed. Now, with the internet,I just key word the name I want, and instantly the information appears. The day the Yellow Pages stop coming will be the day that another piece of America is lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment