About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lists

As I get older, I seem to forget things. This has nothing to do with dementia. It is just brain overload. I have begun to carry a pad and a pen with me, so when I need to remember what to buy in the supermarket, or who I need to return a call to, I just jot it down. We all have ways to remember things. This is called a Structure. It could be a rubber band on our wrists or moving something out of place in our homes. Lately, at night, while I am trying to fall asleep, I think of topics for this blog. I go over the thought in my head a dozen times as I say, remember it, remember it. When I get up, lo and behold..... I forgot it. I do not want to leave a pad by my bed, because then I will have to get up, turn on the light, and start writing the thought down. Then I will never fall back to sleep. I guess I just need to empty my brain of all the senseless things it is carrying around, to make room for the more important ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment