About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. Thanksgiving. For the past 25 years, I have been spending this holiday with my brother-in-laws family. We rotate who hosts the dinner, so every five years, it is my turn. When we first started this tradition, the children were babies. This year they are bringing their own babies. One of the traditions is to add a Thanksgiving decoration to the table. One year it was salt shakers, one years it was candles, one year it was serving spoons. At the end of the dinner, the bag of decorations is passed on to the person who is next in line to host the dinner. It will be a day of great food, great conversation and so many desserts, we could fill a bakery. The day will fly by. I have watched the progression of time as each dinner begins. Twenty five years of wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment