About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Waiting in the Wings

I am not a very fussy person, but I do have some favorite products. Unfortunately, the products I love, usually wind up being discontinued. I have learned to stockpile these items, so when the manufacturer decides to punish me and take them off the market, I have a few weeks left of the product and have time to find a close second. This scenario has happened with Gatorade Ice tea and Avon lipsticks, just to name two. Every morning, for the past year, I have eaten yogurt and granola for breakfast. Each of these items is only sold in one store. I am already on shaky ground. A friend once told me if you love a product you must always have one waiting in the wings. I followed her advice. Yesterday, I went to buy the granola. It is a cashew, almond, candied ginger blend. Yum. I went to the granola aisle and much to my horror, the shelf had a blueberry granola imposter, sitting where my beloved ginger blend used to be. My knees went weak. This couldn't be happening. I called over a salesgirl and she had no idea why the granola was not there. We put out an emergency call to the manager. He checked his stock list and informed me that due to the holiday, the shipment was a day late and would arrive that evening. I could breath again. This morning I am returning to the store and will buy four boxes. I will now need a quartet waiting in the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment