About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Every Twenty Years

In the past few years, when I have been shopping for new clothes, the styles seem so familiar. It is like I am reliving my teenage years. The jacket styles are almost the same. The ribbed sweaters are practically identical. Even the shoes. In the 1940's, wedge shoes were in style. They phased out by the 50's. In the 70's they made a reappearance only to fade by the 1980's. This year, guess what? They are back again. I do not think that the young girls who are buying them, realize that to us older people, these are not new fashions. One of my friends used to say that if you stack your clothes on a chair and flip the pile every twenty years, you will be in style. She was right. I shudder to think that one day hot pants will reappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment