About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Beauty Queens

I have been watching a new television program in the past few weeks. I do not watch it because I like it. Quite the opposite. I watch it because I find it so disturbing that I am trying to understand it. The show is about children's beauty pageants. Some of the children are under one year old. Last night, one mother said that the only reason she had children was to enter them in pageants. She was not joking. Her first child was a boy and she put him in dresses to compete. She said there was nothing wrong with it. It was like doing a Drag Show. I was stunned by this woman. Each child is glitzed up to look like an adult. Big hair, heavy makeup and spray tans. The mothers tell the viewers that the children love to do this, as the camera focuses on the child hysterically crying, saying "mommy, this hurts me". Where are child protective services when you need them? When I am done writing this blog, I will be sending an email to the producers of the show, voicing my concern. Then I will stop tuning in. Maybe low ratings will stop the insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment