About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, December 9, 2011

In A Different State

This morning I woke up in a different state. I also woke up in a different state of mind. I am in Florida. It is one of the 50 states, but it is a world of it's own. The pace is a bit slower and time schedules are geared to the older generation. People greet each other, as they walk by you in the street. The older men make jokes, while their wives look at them lovingly, even though they have heard these same jokes for 50 years. Each person cannot wait to introduce their children to their condominium friends. Of course each person has daughters that they think  look like super models, and sons who are the biggest and best of their chosen profession. Sometimes I have been introduced as "this is my Susan, isn't she beautiful." I have learned not to be embarrassed by this introduction. It  is just my mothers way of showing her love for me. Now, when she gives me that introduction, I add on "but not as beautiful as my Mom." This makes her beam even more. I plan to have four more relaxing days enjoying the company of two of the nicest people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment