About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Smarter Than A Fifth Grader

A few years ago, there was a show named "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader". The title was self explanatory. There was a panel of fifth graders and one contestant, who was an adult, over 40 years old. The adult was asked questions and the fifth graders had to decide if he was correct. Most of the time, the fifth grader was smarter. If I was asked the question "are you smarter than a fifth grader" I would have to be honest and respond, "not always". In life experience and common sense, I would be smarter, by a long shot. In technology, well, that's a crap shoot. This morning, I needed to get my camera disc out of the camera, so I could get the pictures developed. This is a fairly new camera, and I do not take many pictures, so this was the first time I needed to remove it. I had no idea where it was hiding. I sat and examined the camera to see where the openings were, and did not see one for the disc. After a few minutes, and a bit of deductive reasoning, I opened up the battery compartment. Lo and behold, there was the disc. If I had an eight year old in the house, he would have found it in under 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment