About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Man On The Roof

As I was walking my dog this morning I heard loud banging. It was very early so I went to the front of my house to see who was making so much noise at 7am. It turned out to be roofers installing a new roof on the house across the street. For some reason, when men stand on a roof, everyone stops and looks. Maybe because most of us would never feel comfortable standing on a slanted surface 50 feet above ground. As I was watching the man on the roof, I heard a telephone ring. Then I saw the man stop what he was doing, go into his pocket and answer his phone. Most people have trouble getting their phones out when they are only in their pocketbooks or pants pockets. This man did it balancing on a roof. He stood there and talked for about 5 minutes, while I was thinking that this must really be an important call. If it was me I would have been splattered on the ground if I attempted such a move. I guess there is now nowhere we can go without being disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment