About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grand Differences

I am coming to the phase in life when some of my friends are becoming grandparents. It seems weird because I have known their children since nursery school. The time has really flown. Most of the children are older than I was when I had my first son. Did I seem like such a baby then? I felt so mature. Now, I am getting to see first hand, women who have passed through the role of mother, to the role of grandmother. With maturity, comes differences. There seems to be much more patience in the grandmother role. The little things that upset us as mothers are taken in stride as grandmothers. I know what my big difference will be when I will have a grandchild. I will not skip pages. When my kids were little and wanted me to read a book, I always skipped pages. They never realized how the book's characters got from one place to the other so fast. Maybe that is why my sons do things in a quick and concise manner. When I am lucky enough to get to read a book to my grandchildren, I promise to never skip a page. I might even re read some pages twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment