About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Worst Gifts

The worst holiday gift I ever received was a "dickie". A dickie is the turtleneck part of the sweater that is attached to two flaps, instead of the entire sweater. It is supposed to give the illusion that you have a full sweater on, under another shirt. It was a dumb gift and the only person that used it was my older son, when he shoveled snow. We used to have a "secret Santa" event in work. Each person was assigned the name of another person and was told to buy a gift worth $20. I did research into what that person liked and got them something appropriate. No one else did that. Most people got recycled gifts or just plain junk. The only good part of the event was watching each person as they opened their gift, hoping that the gift they received was not as bad as the one they gave. It never was, and I loved seeing people try to look happy and say they loved a gift that was awful. Hehehe. After two years I stopped the secret Santa nonsense. So, now comes my five worst gifts list.
1) Body lotions with scents that smell like bathroom deodorants
2) Candles that also smell putrid (I love the good smelling ones, though)
3) Gift certificates to a book store
4) Random chochkies
5) Handkerchiefs (a blast from the past)
I finally realized that I like to give and not receive, so please... no more stupid gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment