About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, December 5, 2011

A Tree Is A Tree

The Governor of Rhode Island has been in the news lately. It seems that he is calling a Christmas tree a holiday tree. I believe that a Christmas tree is a Christmas tree. I would be just as offended if someone called a Hanukkah Menorah a candelabra. Some symbols are just that. Symbols that represent your religious holiday. We do not have to be politically correct in these situations. I do take issue, though with something that Bill O'Reilly has been saying for the past few evenings. I have always liked Bill, until now. He is saying that schools, and I mean public schools, should call their yearly parties Christmas Parties. He is offended that the schools are saying holiday parties. Well, Bill, I am offended at your short sightedness. It is one thing to rename a symbol. It is another to disregard other people's holidays. Within those public school classes are children that celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa. It is a party for all holidays. Not just for Christmas. How could a so called intelligent man be so ignorant. This is 2011. Shame on you. This time, Bill, you are the Pinhead.

1 comment:

  1. THIS BLOG IS SPOT-ON. I HAD A CHANCE ENCOUNTER WITH MR. BILL AT A RESTAURANT 4 YEARS AGO ON LONG ISLAND. I THANKED HIM FOR "LOOKING OUT FOR US "AND TOLD HIM THAT I'M A BIG FAN OF THE FACTOR SHOW ON RADIO & TV. ALL HE SAID TO ME WAS -MERRY CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete