About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Big Cover Up

All of us, at some point, have lost things in our dryer. Four socks go in, and three come out. We give it our best effort searching for it, but it has jumped ship to be with it's other emancipated sock friends. We never expect to have any problems with our washing machines acting out. Until yesterday. My son decided to wash his new comforter to get the lint off of it. Even though it was a large comforter, he told his wife to just stuff it in the machine. She disagreed with this decision but finally gave in. She stuffed, and stuffed, and finally the cover gave up and stayed in. She would realize later, that the cover would have the upper hand. At the end of the cycle, the machine shredded it, and twisted it around the agitator. It would take three people to unwind the carnage. My son blamed this fiasco on me, as I have washed comforters in my machine for 30 years. He should have listened to his wife. He needs to learn that Mom doesn't always know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment