About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Cutting Edge

This is the time of year for ribbons, bows, wrapping paper and .... glitter. Although it looks pretty, it can be annoying. Once it silently attaches on to you, it never wants to leave. Just this week, I have seen grown men and women with those pesky shining spots clinging to them. One man had a red piece in his ear and a woman had a green one next to her eye. Of course, no one will tell them that they are attached to a shining speckle. It is the unspoken rule, just like when you have broccoli between your teeth. Don't ask, don't tell. Even though glitter is beautiful, it can be dangerous. In reality, glitter is tiny metal shards that are colored. Think about it. Tiny metal shards. The other day, I opened a holiday card from a co worker. It was a beautiful card, covered with glitter. About a half hour later my thumb began to throb, as if I had a splinter. Upon closer look, I had a piece of glitter imbedded into my skin. It took a tweezer to remove it. It is now two days later and my thumb is still sore. What would have happened if it had lodged in my eye? I realized that I am no longer pro glitter. I am now pro confetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment