About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Forever Engraved

Many years ago, my father gave me his mothers' wedding band. My Grandma Celia. She died when I was only ten years old. She was born in Russia and came to the United States when she was a girl. She was a tiny woman but I remember her lifting up her arm, making a muscle and telling me there was a bird in there. I vividly remember the songs she used to sing to me and sitting in her kitchen eating the delicious food she used to cook. She was a soft spoken, kind woman. I only knew her for a short time, but she made a large impact on me. A few weeks ago, I tried on the wedding band and it fit perfectly. I have not taken it off since then. I began to think....in years to come, when I am no longer here, how will anyone know that this was her ring? I immediately took it to the jeweler and had her name engraved in the inside of the ring. Celia. My Grandma. Her name is forever engraved in her ring as her spirit is engraved in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment