About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, April 19, 2013

A Gift From God

My grandson was born yesterday. He was 9 weeks early. He weighed 3lbs 9 oz and is 16" long. He is perfect. His middle name means "gift from God" and it suits him well. He looks like a porcelain doll. Every feature is beautiful but in a miniature size. We did not get to take the traditional family photo shoot with everyone holding him. The pictures we took are of ecstatic grandparents looking lovingly over a baby with tubes in him. I guess our eyes can play tricks on us, because when I look at him, the tubes disappear and all I see is his handsome face. I held his hand and he opened his eyes for a second and made a noise. He knows he is loved. He was born on the larger end of the spectrum for a 31 week baby so he has a good start. The doctors and nurses are all pleased at his progress. I will still pray every minute of the day that he grows quickly so he can come home soon. It took one second to fall in love with him. Love at first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment