About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Stepping into Spring

The second official sign of spring is here. I am wearing shoes without socks. It may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but it is to me. I have vivid memories of being in elementary school when winter turned to spring. In those days, girls were forbidden to wear pants to school, so we had to wear stockings with our dresses or skirts. For some reason, my mother was one of the last ones to allow her daughters to start to wear socks when the weather warmed up. I guess she did not want us getting a chill. On the first day that we were allowed to wear knee socks to school, I felt so free. Sometimes we put rubber bands around the top of the socks so they would not fall down. After school, when we took off the socks we had a fire red mark around our upper calf and it itched as the circulation returned to our legs. Even so, it was a great feeling of freedom. We looked towards the future, until they day we would be allowed to wear anklets. That would come in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment