About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Wasted Words

Last year my daughter in law needed a special medication and went to a local pharmacy. When she picked up the order, she handed them a form that the insurance company said needed to be filled out in order to be reimbursed. The pharmacy said they have a standard form. She said that the insurance company said that this specific form needed to be used, but again, they argued that their standard form was sufficient. She took their form and sent the claim to the insurance. Three months later, the form was returned with a letter stating that the claim needed to be resubmitted with the insurance company's form. I had my daughter in law give me that letter and I went to the pharmacy. I explained that this specific form had to be filled out. The counter woman said that her form was fine. I said it was not fine and they needed to fill out the correct one. She then looked at my form and began to show me where I needed to fill in her information. I informed her that I have been a medical biller for 22 years and that she was the one who needed to do this. I cannot sign the pharmacist's name nor could I decipher the DEA or license number that they had scrawled on their piece of paper. She kept trying to tell me what to fill out. Now, I had to get nasty. I told her that she was wasting more time and words arguing than it would have taken to have the pharmacist fill out the form. She knew I was not going to let up, so she took the form in the back. Within 2 minutes the pharmacist came out, smiling, and gave me the form, properly filled out. There was no need to make a big deal out of this. When will people learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment