About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Brain Game

I watched a wonderful show last night on the Discovery Channel. It was called The Brain Game. It is going to be a weekly series. Other channels are copying it, in their own format. The premise of the show is to teach us how our brains work. Obviously, not too well. It seems that we have certain instincts that are in place to protect us, since we are really only animals, in a broad sense of the word. Last night's show was on memory and recall. There was a staged crime with about 10 witnesses. No one saw the same thing, although each person swore that they had total recall. No one picked out the correct suspect in a line up and memories faded almost immediately. We were shown how our eyes filter important information and the time lapses between actions and interpretations of those actions. It was mind boggling. I will be watching this show routinely now, as I learned so much last night. One thing I learned was to never be so sure of anything in life, because the mind does play tricks on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment