About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Not Broken, Just Bent

I still correspond with some of the people that attend my lectures. They like to keep me updated on how they are progressing in life. Each one of them is special to me, in their own way. They all have a common bond, though. They are people that have gotten off of the track and need to find their way back. Yesterday, I heard a song that Pink sings, titled "Just Give Me A Reason". There was one line in it that hits home when I think of my students. The line reads, "We're not broken, just bent". That line sums up so many people. There is nothing in their lives that is so far gone that cannot be straightened out. Being "just bent" means that in some way you are off kilter and with time can align yourself back to the way you were. Broken means you have given up and feel that you can never heal. One of the new lectures I am writing is titled "Life Through Lyrics" and I will include this song in the booklet. It makes a wonderful point.

No comments:

Post a Comment