About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Try, Try, Again

I am still in the process of hiring a front desk receptionist. I had two openings and filled one. I always tell people that it is just as hard to fill a job position as it is to find one. My perfect applicant would be in her 40's and a stay at home mom who just wants to get out of the house for 8 hours a week. Too bad, life is not perfect. I thought I hired someone that could do the job, but she just did not work out. The first sign of things going downhill was when she asked where we kept the magazines. Obviously, she had no idea that there was enough work to fill her entire evening. That is a bad sign. I interviewed a woman yesterday and she seemed nice but, now I am gun shy. I asked her to come in this morning for one hour and sit with me while I explained the job. I want to see if she understands the basics. I can no longer hire someone assuming that they will be able to do the job. If she knows what I am talking about and I can sense that she will catch on, she has the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment