About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Man Chair

Most retail stores are built around a psychological mind frame. Items are moved around weekly. It may only be a subtle move, but it is done for a reason. It makes you go into different areas looking for an item that you wanted, but did not buy the previous week. I have recently noticed a new addition to most major stores. I call it the "man chair". I first noticed it a few years back in Florida and it is moving up the east coast. It is a line of chairs located at the front of the store right after the cashier. They are designed to keep a man calm and a woman in the store longer. They are located on the outskirts of the store so the man never gets to see exactly where his wife is. This allows for more shopping time without arguing. If the man is kept "docile and content",  his wife will have time to browse and try on items. Now that I think about it, it is almost like a hitching post. Tie up an animal in front until you need it for transportation later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment