About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

4 out of 5

I placed an ad on Craigslist offering a part time job. It was for 2 evenings a week and Saturday morning. The hours and salary were clearly stated. I received almost twenty responses and called each person back. Five people returned my call. I went over the specifics of the job and asked if they would like to set up an interview. They all said yes, happily. I scheduled two interviews for Tuesday and three for Wednesday. Only one girl showed up. The other four never even had the consideration to call and cancel. I did not really care that they did not show, but I was annoyed that they did not cancel. The girl that did show was nice and smart and personable, so I hired her. If I were to do a statistical analysis of the event, it would show that 80% of Americans are inconsiderate and do not take employment serious. How sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment