About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Great Gatsby

Last night I went to the movies with friends. I do not go to the movies often, so I was glad to go. We saw The Great Gatsby. I remember reading the book many years ago and loved it. As we all know, the movie is never as good as the book because some visions in our minds play out better than visions on the screen. I liked the movie but I did not love it. The acting was good, the scenery was good, the music was entertaining but over all something was lacking. All night I though about it. Then it dawned on me. Many of the scenes were almost like caricatures. The colors were too bold. The music was too fast and loud and some parts were almost like 3D with objects and people flying towards you. I like realism. I do not like too much fanfare when it does not enhance a storyline. At times the movie seemed frenzied. I would have preferred a toned down version. I think I might rent the version with Robert Redford and see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment