About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Parting Ways

After much thought, I fired one of my evening receptionists. In the one month she worked for me, she managed to annoy every doctor, office person and a few patients. Years ago I hated to fire anyone. Now, I have no emotions when I do it. Business is business. I called her in the morning to say that things were not working out and I would have to let her go. She told me that she has never made a mistake and she is a good worker. I told her that the day before, she let 5 patients leave without asking for payment. It totaled $1881 in lost daily revenue. She said someone else did that. I said she signed her initials to the ledger. She said someone forged her initials. I said it was in her handwriting. She said she signed the initials because she was being bullied. I said the conversation was over. Her last statement to me was, "So, should I still come in on Thursday?" I said," Being fired means you no longer work here". If I did not have the conversation myself, I would never have believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment