About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Smartest One

Why work for someone else if you can work for yourself? Some people are lucky and have the type of profession where they can be self employed. I work for a group of psychologists and that is one of the professions that can be independent. For some reason, no one in my group has tried that. These are young people who can start a private practice by just renting a desk in someone's office space. There is minimal overhead. Desk, phone, paper, file folders and a laptop computer. They have to carry the same malpractice insurance wherever the are. No one does it. I ask them why, but no one has a good answer. Last year we had a young woman work for us. She had been with us as a grad student intern and chose my office for her post doc externship. After a few weeks, she became disillusioned and opted out of her 4 year contract. She went on to become a full professor at a local college and called me a few weeks ago for advice about opening her own practice. Finally, someone is sensible. She became licensed as soon as it was allowable and is ready to go out on her own. I told her that I would guide her as to how to run her office and do the billing. She is the youngest of the doctors, but she is the smartest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment