About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

He Is Home

As I predicted, my grandson came home late yesterday afternoon. He will now begin to adjust to home life like most babies, after over a month in the NICU. When my daughter in law first told me that he was going to be born in South Nassau Community Hospital, I thought that it was a small neighborhood hospital. I was so wrong. It is a state of the art facility. The maternity wing was so beautiful and modern with all private rooms. The nurses were so professional and caring. The doctors were compassionate and explained everything clearly. The staff at the NICU nurtured him as he grew and you could see their love of babies. The day he left a photographer took pictures of him and his parents that will be used for a brochure. They will now be the face of the Neonatal Unit of South Nassau Community Hospital. The hospital hand picked them for this honor. When he grows up, he can look at himself in those pictures and be able to see the faces of the professionals that helped him along in the first month of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment