About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day. It is a beautiful day. Sunny, bright and cool. I thought it might be warm enough for the beach, but if it is cool here it must be cold at the shore. Every year my town has its annual parade. People walk for about a mile from the high school to the town square. The boy scouts walk, the girl scouts walk and most of the sports clubs walk. The baseball club has its own parade on their opening day, so they do not participate. The most special of the parade walkers are the war veterans. When I first started going to the parade, there were World War 2 veterans. I do not think they are still around since they would be in their 80's at least. There are the Korean War vets, the Jewish War vets and the Vietnam War vets. People always applaud loudest for them, as a way to show that they are appreciated. Unfortunately, no one applauded when they returned home originally. So, a happy and healthy day to all and enjoy whatever plans you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment