About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sweet Pea

I visited my grandson at the hospital last night. I had not seen him in a few days and he looked wonderful. The tubes were out of him and my daughter in law was able to hold him for about an hour. I never took my eyes off of him and the time flew. The nurses in the NICU are wonderful. Each one is pleasant and soft spoken. When we sit there, it is quieter than a library. Very calm and relaxing. After an hour, the baby's hands got cold so he needed to be put back into the isolette. The nurse came and took him out of my daughter in laws arms and rested him back in his bed. As she put him down, she said, "See you later, Sweet Pea". Then she turned around and said,, "I call my little ones Sweet Pea. When they get bigger, I call them Buddy". It seemed so nice that she uses endearing names for the babies. I cannot wait until he becomes her Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment