About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Stockpiling

After Hurricane Sandy, I promised myself that I would never again stockpile the food in my refrigerator. When the storm came, I found packages of frozen foods that had been dated more than a year before. I threw out food that I thought I would eat, but somehow never made it to my plate. After I purged out my freezer, I made a promise that I would only buy foods that I would eat that week and would not buy extras. I looked into my freezer this morning and saw that old habits never die. It was once again filled with foods that I intended to eat. After taking a close look, I do not even remember how some of the food got in there in the first place. I think that while I am in work, someone comes and puts strange foods in there. I decided I will cook all of the surplus this week and only eat what is there. I will try again to keep my promise and see how it works out in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment