About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Traveling

It is a beautiful morning and we are on our way to New England to see out granddaughter. Nothing is nicer than taking a long ride on a beautiful morning, especially when you know who awaits you at the destination. I haven't seen her in person since February and cannot wait to hold her. We have Skype visits, so I am hoping that we look familiar to her. This weekend I will have the pleasure of holding both my grandchildren. Last night I held the newborn in the NICU, for the first time. The nurse asked if I would like to hold him and I almost said no. He is so small and I was afraid. My heart said yes, before my mind said no. It was a joy to have him in my arms. He looks bigger in the isolette than he feels in your arms. His head is the size of an orange. He opened his eyes and looked at me as I held him. His eyes wandered around the room as people were speaking and I was amazed to see how tuned in he was to his little world. After about five minutes, I gave him back to the nurse to feed. As we left the hospital, we went by the nursery and looked at the full term babies through the glass. They looked humongous, like baby hulks. I guess my perspective has been totally thrown off.

No comments:

Post a Comment