About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

24/7/365

We all know what those numbers refer to. Twenty four hours in a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Not including leap year. These are my work hours. Not at a job I have to do, but at a job I love to do. Being a mother. While my responsibilities grow less and less, my hours never change. When things go wrong, I am called to action. It doesn't matter the time of day or the country my sons are in. On call, just in case. Although my sons are now married and fend for themselves, there are still situations when a mother's know how is needed. Just today, I was able to get my son a ride, from an airport, to a hotel, in a foreign country, when he found out that all taxi cabs were on strike. Mothers can make magic happen. A mother's love can move mountains and when her children are at risk, no one can stand in her way. It doesn't matter what race, religion or nationality, we are all cut from the same cloth. One that is soft when needed, bends when asked to and firm when we think it is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment