About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just Because

Yesterday was the hottest day I can remember. Too hot to go out but too hot to stay in. For the first time in a long while, I decided to just sit on the couch all day and watch television. The only other time I ever did this was when there was a blizzard. Too hot, too cold. Those are the only situations that stop me. To tell the truth, it was a bit depressing. Television is not that entertaining when you are forced to watch it. I felt like a senior citizen, watching TV, dozing off. At some point my dog started barking at the door, but I was too tired to see what he was barking at. I found out a few hours later when I opened the front door. There was a long box, sitting on the chair of my front stoop. I took the box in, and it was burning hot from laying in the sun. It was a dozen long stemmed roses. Three red, three white, three pink and three blush. I was a bit confused. Who would send me roses. It wasn't my birthday. I hadn't done anything earth shattering lately. I opened the box and fished out the card. It said "Just Because We Love You". They were from my older son and daughter-in- law. I immediately called them, almost in tears. It was so thoughtful. I was very touched by the gesture. I asked them why they did this and they said that they wanted me to know that they appreciate everything I do, not only for them, but for others. They sent them "Just Because".......

No comments:

Post a Comment