About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Great Expectations

I remember coming home from my sweet sixteen and crying. I had the best party and received the most wonderful gifts. But I still cried. After months of planning, everything went perfectly. No loose ends. No drama. All according to plan. But I still cried. When the party is done and the gifts are opened, a sadness overcomes you. Last week I heard a song on the radio. It was named "Is that all there is". It was kind of depressing. You look so forward to something and then it is over. Is that all there is. What will the focus be on now. What will I plan for. For so many months I lived one type of normalcy. After  today I must find a new normal. How can I be blue when everyone else is rosy. So after a good cry, my new routine begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment