About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One Extra Bun

Since it is now barbeque season, I realized that I do not understand the food industry. The rationale for packaging certain food items makes no sense to me. A standard pack of frankfurters contains seven franks. A standard pack of buns contains eight. In order to come out even, 35 franks would need to sit in 35 buns. It is simple math. Too bad, a normal family of 4 people eats less. There is always an extra bun. I never know what to do with it. I hate to toss it out that day, so I usually freeze it. When we eat franks again, nobody wants the flaky, frozen bun, so, into the garbage it goes. Over my lifetime, I have probably trashed hundreds of buns. What a waste. Has anyone ever informed the frankfurter manufacturers, that one more frank is needed? Are they in cahoots with the bun people? It might just be a big frank and bun conspiracy. And don't get me started on the beans. What the heck is that glob that sits on the beans when I open the can. I think that I would rather not know.......

No comments:

Post a Comment