About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy In Go Go Boots

I had a wonderful childhood. It makes me what I am today. I attribute this to my parents. My mother was a stay at home mom who fed us milk and cookies after school, even through college. My dad was a business owner who worked hard but made sure he was always available for "the girls". I had everything that I could ask for. We were and still are a team. All for one and one for all. Each one placing the others happiness above their own. I have so many fond memories of my childhood. I remember snippets as far back as kindergarten. One of my fondest memories is going clothes shopping for the first day of school. All four of us would go in the evening to Miles shoes. In those days my dad wore a shirt and tie to work and sometimes he was mistaken for a salesman. We thought that was so funny. We went to A&S and Martins, in downtown Brooklyn for our clothes. My mother was one of the first women to have a charge card. In those days it was a small embossed metal disc. I can still feel the newness of the clothes as I tried them on. Each year a new color was popular. I loved the marigold and plum tone year. But the best by far, was buying those white leather Petula Clark Go Go boots. I felt like a movie star. I can still feel them on my feet. I was so happy in my white Go Go boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment