About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

One Man's Garbage

One man's garbage is another man's gold. Things that some people think of as trash, others think of as treasures. Lately, I love to watch shows like American Pickers and Pawn Stars. I find it so interesting to peer into someones life and see the things that they have held onto for years. Some are hoarders but most are not. The difference is that a hoarder is ashamed of his collection, but a collector is proud. Most of us have thrown out bits of Americana that can never be recreated. When their usefulness is done  we replace the old with the new. New is not always better, it is just new. Along with that we are throwing away our heritage. Of course we can't keep everything, but some things are just so well crafted and unique that it is a shame to discard them. I come from a family of collectors and value every piece I have. I see the history behind it and picture the person who owned it before me. I think they would be glad knowing that it is still treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment