About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Till Then

As I get older, I find it harder to say goodbye to the people I love. It started when my sons left for college. Each time they went away, I stood in the street crying, as I waved goodbye. They would only be gone for a few weeks at a time, but I still took it hard. It continued when my older son moved away to get married, As happy as I was that he moved away to marry a wonderful girl, the farewells became more emotional. I actually got to the point where I would hang onto his neck as he dragged me along to his car. Part of this routine was a joke but part of it was real. When my parents moved to Florida, each time we said goodbye, for the six months they would be gone, I held back the tears. I knew that if I cried, they would cry, so I tried to be stoic. Many years ago I was talking to a stranger in a store and when it was time to part ways, I said goodbye. She said, never say goodbye...... say "Till Then". I loved that. It was a way of just continuing life until we meet again..................

No comments:

Post a Comment