About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Buddha

Some of my favorite sayings are attributed to Buddha. Even thought they were written many years ago, their interpretation stands the test of time. It goes to show that human nature has not changed even as the world modernizes. I find his readings comforting and sensible. There are pages of quotations that I refer to when I need to be uplifted. I use these sayings as a rough guideline through life. Even though it was hard to do, here are just a few of my favorite ones:
  • Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick at least we didn't die, so let us all be thankful.
  • Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
  • Holding on to anger is like holding a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned.
  • Nothing is permanent. Everything is subject to change.
  • It is better to do nothing, than to do wrong. Whatever you do, you do to yourself.
Words that were written years ago, but mean as much today.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment