About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Little Angel

This morning I woke up after a pleasant holiday weekend. I got dressed and went to work. The roads were unusually empty, so I arrived early. It was just another normal work day. But not for everyone. One of my co workers will not be in today. From the day I hired her, she told me that she never works on July 5th. It has nothing to do with extending the holiday weekend. It is a day to memorialize her daughter. It is her birthday. She passed away 9 years ago at the age of 15. She was never ill. One day she woke up with a headache and it lasted for a week. By the time she went to the doctor, she was diagnosed with leukemia. Six weeks later she died. I cannot fathom how a parent goes on living after that. It is not natural for a child to die before a parent. I never knew her but I look at her picture every day. She was beautiful. When I hire a new person I always pull them aside and tell them about the picture. It is better for them to know, otherwise there will be an awkward moment when they ask about her. Some things are just to hurtful to explain. My friend has no idea that I do this. It makes it easier for her. I am glad that today is sunny and beautiful. The family will spend the day together, at the cemetery, remembering a precious girl . A beautiful little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment