About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fly, Robin, Fly

When I came home from work on Thursday, I found a pile of dirt in the middle of my driveway. As I got closer to it, I realized that it was a birds nest, that had fallen from a tree. Twigs and dirt. There were no eggs in it, so I picked it up and threw it in the garbage pail. Early Saturday morning, I heard chirping from inside my garage. I walked around but did not see any birds. I kept hearing the chirping. After about an hour, I finally located the tiny "chirper". He was hiding underneath a tire ramp. I did not want to touch him, just in case his mother was looking for him. I once heard that if a mother bird senses a human scent on her baby, she will abandon him. Once I cleared the pathway, the baby bird ran off, flapping its wings. Later that day, while walking outside my house, I saw the tiny bird, laying in the street, in front of my car. He was baking in the brutal sunshine. He looked weak and tired. I guess he did not have the strength to fly, since he was so young. He just gave up. I scooped him up in a newspaper and put him onto the cool grass, in the shade. He was still breathing, but I knew he would not live much longer. There was nothing I could do to save this fragile life. I could only make him more comfortable, until he died a peaceful death. When I checked on him a few minutes later, he was dead. I felt so bad. Even though he was not human, he was god's creation, and a life is still a life. I stood over him and said a prayer, that his life in birdie heaven would be better than his life on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment