About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Gold and Pearls

This blog is not about jewelry. It is about something much more valuable. It is about being appreciative. We all have busy lives. Sometimes I feel like I am in a race with the clock. Never having enough time to do what I need to. And most of the things I have to do, are not that earth shattering. Quite the contrary, they are mundane. In this case being appreciative is not of things, but of people. Having time for the special people in our lives. Years ago, I was on the telephone with my parents. I was in a rush to do something so trivial that I cannot even remember what it was. I was listening to them tell me a story that I was sure I had heard ten times before. Senior citizens tend to do that. I politely cut the conversation short, in order to get on with what I thought was so important. But I felt guilty. How could I find something more important than my parents. I realized that life can change in the blink of an eye and you never know when you will hear someones voice again. From that day forward I vowed that nothing would ever be more important than speaking to a loved one. Their voices are gold and their words are pearls. More valuable than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment