About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Don't Put Off

I am not a procrastinator. I never was. When I was young, all school assignments were begun the day they were given out and handed in early. I have always had a calendar and mark each chore on it. I even mark the date that a bill has to be mailed. My goal is to do the chore, before that date. The only odd thing is, that I mark the calendar one full week earlier than the chore is really due. I pretend that I don't know this. It is sort of like setting your clock ahead and then trying to forget about it. So far it has never failed me. When I started my current job, they were amazed that all time goals were met. They were used to having things done late and then having to clean up the mess. My desk always looks empty. That's because by planning ahead, there is never a backlog. I always joke, that before I came there, the office must have been run by wolves. Last week, for the first time ever, my theory was tested. A situation came up that immediately took me away from home for a few days. Nothing mattered, except what was going on in the moment. My mind was at ease, because due to good planning, the time away did not hinder my schedule. When I arrived back home, everything that needed to be done on time, already was done. There was no added stress. The old saying, "don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today", still holds true.

No comments:

Post a Comment