About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hard Copy Girl

We live in an "e" world. E-mail. E-Insurance. E-Bill pay. I am not an "E" person. Maybe that is because I am a type A person. I still pay my bills via old fashioned paper checks and send them through the US mail. I still review my insurance policies when they arrive in the mail. I am sure that I have missed an important message that was sent through email, because I did not know who sent it and I hit delete. I know of people that have missed parties by doing that. I still believe in an old fashioned thank you note. Not a mass email with 100 other cc's. That is just plain cold. I like hard copies. When I read a book, I want to have the tactile feeling of turning a page. When I buy a new appliance, I want the manual. I do not want to go online and read about it. I want to look up the problem in the index and flip through the pages. I do not want to scroll at the computer and walk back and forth to the broken item. If I need to make a telephone call about an incorrect bill, I want to have that piece of paper in front of me so I can make notations for my records. Maybe I just don't like taking the E-asy way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment