About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What Would You Do?

In the last year, I went back to school and became a Certified Life Coach. I am now lecturing and teaching motivational groups. This is something I always wanted to do. It took a lot of hard work. Nothing comes easy in life, because life is not easy. That is one of the things I teach. Part of my lectures have to do with the technicalities of why people do not excel. I just put it in terms that push a button in someone and opens their eyes to how they can do better. It is thought provoking. So now, I will ask you the question I ask my groups. "If you knew you could not fail, what would you really, really want to do in life"? I have the class write it down, in large print and hold it up for the others to see. Then they read it out loud. My follow up question is "Why aren't you doing it"? That is when I get the "head nod". Each person then tells me what they feel is holding them back. Most of the time, it is only themselves. Life is short and time goes by in a blink of the eye. To spend it doing something that you do not love, even if it has to be a hobby, is sad. I have them take the written paper home and look at it daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment