About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Roundabout Way

I always try to be diplomatic. I find the best way to approach a subject. The other day, I had to put this to the test. For the past few months, a woman has been walking her dog up and down my block. She allows him to "go" on the front strip of everyone's lawn. The grass on my front strip now has yellow polka dots on it from the burn marks of the acid. This is inconsiderate. I pay a gardener to keep my lawn green and beautiful and I do not appreciate this woman's dog ruining it. So, here was my dilemma. How do you approach a stranger and reprimand her, for destroying your property? This is what I did. The other day I stalked her. When she got to the front of my house, I walked outside to "throw out my garbage". I told her that I was on the lookout for her. I introduced myself and told her that her dog was so cute. I then added that my gardener was going to put poison on the lawn and I was concerned that her puppy might hurt his tiny paws if he walked on it. Even worse, he might eat a bit of poisoned grass and become ill. She was so thankful that I told her this and she said that she would never have her dog walk on my lawn again. I patted the little puppy on his head and went inside. The next day I stood at the window when she walked by. She raced past my house and would not let her dog stop for a moment. I took care of the problem in a roundabout way and she was none the wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment