About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Scale

I have traveled through most of the United States. Even though we are one country, there are many differences, from state to state. The one that amuses me the most, is in Florida. There is a large supermarket chain named Publix. The one thing that they have, that I have not seen anywhere else, is "The Scale". At the entrance of each Publix, is a large scale. Not for fruits or vegetables. For people. As each person enters the store, no matter how many times a week that they go shopping, they jump onto the scale. If they are alone, they "weigh and go". If they are with someone, after they have all stood on the scale, they discuss their weight. Each one says that the scale at home, or in the gym, is not the same as the one in Publix. They always say that the scale that reflects the lowest weight, is the correct one.Sometimes people wait until no one is next to them, to do the clandestine weigh in. I do not know why this matters, but it is amusing to watch. I do not know the rationale behind why the scale is there. Is it to have you buy more food or less food? All I know, is that when I am in Florida, I "do as the Romans do" and jump onto the scale, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment