About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

No Cutting Corners

Almost a year ago, I decided to test my endurance and write this blog. My goal was to write an entry every day for one year. So far, I have kept that commitment. I have written on a day when my father was rushed to the hospital. I have written on my son's wedding day. I have written via battery power, when there was a black out. That is how important my commitment to myself was. I was asked the other day, whether or not I ever "cut and paste" into this blog. Absolutely not. That is not what my commitment was all about. Every misspelled word, every misplaced comma, every thought that my readers may or may not agree with, have come solely from me. If you cut corners on a commitment to yourself, you have disappointed the person that it means the most to. Yourself. Since I was a child, I have had the ability to soak up knowledge, just by hearing something once. My father is like that. So is my younger son. I can tell you a hundred useless bits of information. For some reason, I could tell you how to do an emergency tracheotomy, using a straw. I must have heard this item of information, somewhere in my travels. So, if bits of this blog sound informational, it is my information and mine alone. That is why I am so proud of "Shelby's Perfect World".

No comments:

Post a Comment